I hope everyone had a great week! This week has been pretty average out here in Pereira. We had divisions this week and another elder came and worked with me named Elder Mamani from Argentina! It was pretty cool and it is nice to learn different things from different people. We are teaching like normal and we have been working with that family that called our names in the street and they are pretty nervous to be baptized so hopefully they can get over their fear and we can get them baptized! This week we found a girl that is about 14 years old that lives with a family in the ward and she has assisted for awhile but never really knew anything about the church or anything about the Book of Mormon, we taught her about the book of Mormon and how to receive an answer from God if it was true and what that really means. This last week in church she came up to me and said that she wanted me to baptize her and that she really wants to be baptized! Ha ha so we hopefully have a baptism this Saturday and I think I am going to baptize her! It was a really cool experience! But we have been playing soccer with investigators, missionaries, and members on Saturdays and it is a really good way to invite people to get to know the church with normal circumstances! Plus everyone here isn't going to turn down an invitation to play soccer! Ha ha but it is pretty heated and some of the people get pretty mad but I just try to stay out of their way and play when I can! Ha ha We are officially poor too, I have no idea where all of our money goes but we don't have any money right now so hopefully we wont die of hunger this week!! Ha ha
We have been having a lot of storms here lately as well and they are so crazy! The thunder here sets of car alarms sometimes because it is so loud! It rains here every single day! It is really cool. I am still trying to master Spanish and the gospel every day but it is much easier said than done! :) I hope everyone is doing really well and has a great week! Sorry I don't have a lot to say! Just a normal week! :)
Elder Watts
No comments:
Post a Comment